Old 05-12-2005, 02:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Andrew Ostrander

Default Dieffenbachia

My conclusion after having a few dieffenbachias myself is that your problem
is caused by overwatering. I don't know how much water you are giving but
they do fine on very little water.

Andrew
"MaxMustermann" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I bought a dieffenbachia compacta some 6 or 7 weeks ago and have
watered it about once a week ever since, and 2 times with fertilizer
(every 3 weeks).

Lately I have noticed that the bottom leaves turn yellow too quickly
and that some of the bottom to middle leaves have yellowish tips.

The plant sits next to a door and a heater and it doesn't have direct
sunlight.

Anybody knows what's wrong with it?

Thanks,
Max