Old 05-12-2005, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tom Randy

Default Dieffenbachia

On 2005-12-05 05:41:11 -0500, "MaxMustermann" said:

Hi all,

I bought a dieffenbachia compacta some 6 or 7 weeks ago and have
watered it about once a week ever since, and 2 times with fertilizer
(every 3 weeks).

Lately I have noticed that the bottom leaves turn yellow too quickly
and that some of the bottom to middle leaves have yellowish tips.

The plant sits next to a door and a heater and it doesn't have direct
sunlight.

Anybody knows what's wrong with it?

Thanks,
Max

Cut back on the water, water when almost all dry.

In the winter cut back to once a month for fertilizer.

Get it away from the door and heater.

--
PCs, like air-conditioners, are useless when you open Windows.