Old 09-02-2003, 11:42 AM
Neil Jones

Default Peacock butterfly ?

"JennyC" wrote in message ...
There was a beautiful Peacock butterfly sitting on the settee this
morning when I came downstairs !!!!!!!!
It was moving its wings but does not seem to be able to
fly..............

My nature book says they can spend the winter indoors but do hatch in
early spring.

Should I put it outside ?
Does it need feeding ?

Jenny

What I do with butterflies that emerge early is put them in a box in an outhouse
where it is cold and then release them on a warm day in March.

If you put it outside it may find a new place to rest for the winter it may not.
We don't actually know a lot about places where butterflies hibernate.

Neil Jones- http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog
National Nature Reserve