Old 05-12-2005, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default Children? Grandchildren? Non gardening

In message ,
middleton.walker writes

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message ,
middleton.walker writes

"BAC" wrote in message
.. .
Chickenshit :-)

Gotta be a wee bit careful with it

Oh. Why?
--
June Hughes

A few years back I cleaned out a chicking coop and stored about 2 cubic
metres for "future use"...two years later when making a new lawn spread it
out, along with other stuff of course....even after two years the
neighborhood stunk to high hell...I did not mind if a south wind was blowing
but when the north wind came in all our north facing windows had to be shut
tight....not much good smelling air in the house for a while....made a
damned good lawn tho.

Oh right. Over 20 years ago, I used to keep hens and piled up all the
excrement in a far corner of the garden, intending to do something about
and never getting round to it. About 18 months later, I got round to it
and found a pile of very fine compost. Didn't notice a smell at all,
although it was pretty awful when it was fresh.
--
June Hughes