Old 06-12-2005, 02:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lar

Default Herbal Cockroach Repellent?

In article . com,
says...
Boric Acid is the best!!! I had a friend whose apartment was totally
infested The were freakin everywhere. You'd see dozens of them
everywhere you'd look. That look up at you and give you attitude and
continue what they were doing. She sprayed all kinds of insecticide.
The place reeked of it, but it just seem to bring more.They were
starting to like the Raid.

I felt so sorry for her that I bought a couple of pounds of boric acid
and layed out lines of it along the baseboards. I dusted under the
refridgerator. I sprayed it where the pipes me the walls. In cabinets
and along shelves.

A few days later she told what a greatg job it was doing. She had
swept up several dust pans full of the roaches. You could still see
them. They walked around like they were drunk, staggering and falling
over. If we were real quite you could hear them falling from the walls
and the little tap as they hit tile floor, it sounded like gentle rain.
A week or so later she never saw a live one again.

I wonder how toxix it is. I know a dilute solution of boric acid is
used to clean one's eyes. I heard one would have to eat a large amount
before it would make you sick. Any ideas?

Roughly around 1/5 of a tablespoon has a 50% chance of killing a 2.2
lb. animal, so a tablespoon would have a 50% chance of killing an animal
around 11 lbs. 3-6 grams ingested is supposedly can kill a small
child 15-20 grams for an adult. It can be a good tool for roaches,
better when used in moderation and safer when made sure it is where the
dust is in out of the way places and won't be disturbed.

--
Lar

Oh, if only Noah would of been a bit more wise,
he surely would of swatted those two flies.

to email....get rid of the BUGS