Old 09-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Alan Gould

Default Propagator veg min temps ?

In article , Paul
England writes
I have just built a 2ft x 2ft x 6ft propagator with polycarb lid, false
floor with 30 watt beer-brewing strap under.
I am anxious to start some hardy veg seeds off as I have just taken over a
half-share in an allotment and I'm all of a quivver !
My minimum temp over the past 2 nights is 11 oC, but may drop a bit, if
there is sustained frost.
Should I be cautious and wait for say 14 oC ?

Wait for 2 to 3 weeks. Even if you manage to get some seeds to
germinate, the seedlings will not want to be put out until mid-March at
least. Be prepared to do a second sowing too in case the earlier ones
are caught out by late frosts. By midsummer, the later sowings will have
caught up with the earlier ones anyway - so try to be patient.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.