Old 07-12-2005, 02:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Donald Gares

Default Question about bulbs

Ok, we purchased a bunch of tulips and daffodils from Brecks and then
never got them planted this fall. We are in zone 5 (extreme SE Iowa)
where it is currently 6 degrees F and falling with approximately 4
inches of snow on the ground so they are not going in the earth until
next spring.

Now what the heck do we do with them over the winter so that we can
plant them VERY early next spring and still have them bloom? we do have
a small unheated garden building that we could store them
in.....wouldn'd that be the same as having them in the cold earth? Of
course we could put them in our shop which is normally heated to about
50 degrees F. What do you all recommend?

Thanks a bunch,

Don & Rhonda