Old 07-12-2005, 04:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Default Question about bulbs

I would try to warm the area you were going to plant them in, and dig the
holes and get them in the ground. Most bulbs I've bought, dry out within a
couple of months and then are no good. Maybe someone else has some better
advice for you.

Dwayne

"Donald Gares" wrote in message
Ok, we purchased a bunch of tulips and daffodils from Brecks and then
never got them planted this fall. We are in zone 5 (extreme SE Iowa) where
it is currently 6 degrees F and falling with approximately 4 inches of
snow on the ground so they are not going in the earth until next spring.

Now what the heck do we do with them over the winter so that we can plant
them VERY early next spring and still have them bloom? we do have a small
unheated garden building that we could store them in.....wouldn'd that be
the same as having them in the cold earth? Of course we could put them in
our shop which is normally heated to about 50 degrees F. What do you all
recommend?

Thanks a bunch,

Don & Rhonda