Old 09-12-2005, 06:17 PM posted to bionet.plants
Beverly Erlebacher

Default Potted Tiger Lily help!

In article .com,
birdieb wrote:
yes but my plants (intense orange with tiny brown specks) are dying
slowly and I don't know why. the leaves start to show yellow edges and
in a few days they die. the bulbs are intact - I took the plant out of
the pot to check if I didn(t water it too much.

Tiger lilies are temperate climate plants. It's normal for them to go
dormant in winter. If the ground isn't frozen yet where you live, you
can plant them in the garden about 6" (15cm) deep, and they will come up
and maybe bloom next year. Otherwise, let the pots dry out, remove the
bulbs from the soil and store them in a ventilated plastic bag in a cool
moist place like the vegetable crisper in the your fridge. Replant them
in the spring.

If you want to continue to grow them in pots, you'll need to use large
pots and grow them outdoors where they'll get enough sun. The plants you
have now may not have had a chance to store enough food to bloom next
year, but if they get lots of light next year, they should bloom again
the year after.