Old 08-12-2005, 11:21 PM posted to bionet.plants
birdieb

Default Potted Tiger Lily help!

I received this summer some beautiful Tiger Lilies. They are my first
lilies and I don't know how to care for them very well. I have had 3 or
4 baby lilies and thought they were doing ok but recently one of the
big lilies went yellowish and then died! I replanted them in separate
pots and now I am waiting breathless to see what happens. Some are
showing a bit yellowish. Can anyone give some advice?

Thanks and sorry for the newbie question.

Old 09-12-2005, 02:25 AM posted to bionet.plants
Cereus-validus-...........

What are you calling "Tiger Lilies"?

True "Tiger Lilies" are hardy bulbs.

oups.com...

Old 09-12-2005, 04:56 PM posted to bionet.plants
birdieb

yes but my plants (intense orange with tiny brown specks) are dying
slowly and I don't know why. the leaves start to show yellow edges and
in a few days they die. the bulbs are intact - I took the plant out of
the pot to check if I didn(t water it too much.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:17 PM posted to bionet.plants
Beverly Erlebacher

In article .com,
birdieb wrote:
yes but my plants (intense orange with tiny brown specks) are dying
slowly and I don't know why. the leaves start to show yellow edges and
in a few days they die. the bulbs are intact - I took the plant out of
the pot to check if I didn(t water it too much.

Tiger lilies are temperate climate plants. It's normal for them to go
dormant in winter. If the ground isn't frozen yet where you live, you
can plant them in the garden about 6" (15cm) deep, and they will come up
and maybe bloom next year. Otherwise, let the pots dry out, remove the
bulbs from the soil and store them in a ventilated plastic bag in a cool
moist place like the vegetable crisper in the your fridge. Replant them
in the spring.

If you want to continue to grow them in pots, you'll need to use large
pots and grow them outdoors where they'll get enough sun. The plants you
have now may not have had a chance to store enough food to bloom next
year, but if they get lots of light next year, they should bloom again
the year after.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:36 PM posted to bionet.plants
birdieb

Thank you very much Beverly! I am sorry for my ignorance I have been
looking for information on Tiger Lilies online and no site said they go
dormant in winter. I feel much better now.

Potted Tiger Lily - help! birdieb Gardening 3 12-12-2005 08:59 AM
Potted Tiger Lily help birdieb United Kingdom 6 10-12-2005 01:44 PM
The REAL tiger lily madgardener Gardening 2 10-07-2003 04:56 PM
Tiger Lily spider Gardening 9 09-07-2003 02:56 AM
Problem - Nymphaea Maculata (red african tiger lotus lily) lynsey Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 20-04-2003 06:20 AM