Old 09-12-2005, 04:49 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Jack Anderson

Default Heating

"chuckie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am hoping to grow plants with hydroponics starting in January. My
problem is that my greenhouse does not hold heat very well. I have
tried methods like hanging fans from the ceiling to pull the heat back
down to the floor. This works but not well enough if it is 30F outside,
the house is at 55F.
I have no duct work run because of my limited budget. I have the house
insulated. It has a 10000 BTU propane heater and it seems that all of
the heat escapes out of the top of the greenhouse. It is a clearspan
greenhouse.
I need to reside at 70F.
Any suggestions would help.
Thanks
www.clearspan.com
www.teksuppy.com
www.farmtek.com

All or nothing is the wrong approach.
Chuckie

I've heard of people placing a 55 gallon drum painted black and filled with
water in the center of the greenhouse. The drum is supposed to collect heat
during the day and radiate at night. I don't have any personal experience
with this method, but it might help.
good luck
Jack