Old 11-12-2005, 12:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default What should you plant after garlic?

I agree. You get some generic, stiffneck spanish roja and that stuff
is great around here....'course, I put about 500 lbs of compost into
the dirt every year Elephant garlic was a big disappointment,
same with softneck varieties.

And by the way, garlic is at $2.99 / lb around here I've still got
4 braids to go.

Dan

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:19:57 GMT, Gary Woods
wrote:

"James" wrote:

I just planted 2/3 of my plot in elephant
garlic.

Whatever for?

Sorry; my personal preference. Elephant garlic isn't reliably hardy for me
unless I put a thick mulch over it, and the finished produce is, well, like
kissing your sister. But it certainly is impressive, if the market is the
objective.