Old 11-12-2005, 09:14 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bill Stock

Default Any Tricks For Wintering Water Hyacinths and Water Lettuce Inside?

"Mud" wrote in message
m...
I am trying to save a few of my water hyacinths and water lettuce inside my
house in buckets of water. I am changing the water out each week, pinching
off any dead leaves/pieces and they're staying alive so far although not
seeming to grow any. Do they need anything special to winter over
inside...thanks!

I live in Zone 7A, North Carolina.

Sunlight is the best thing for them, rather than your growlight. Add some
Miracle Grow (or other plant fertilizer) to the bucket.