Old 13-12-2005, 04:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default Any Tricks For Wintering Water Hyacinths and Water Lettuce Inside?

"Paul" wrote in message
I was told to overwinter them with their roots in mud. 1 month in and
still looking healty.

Mine hyacinths are in water about 6" deep and are still looking good. I
hope at least 2 survive until spring. I'm using diluted houseplant
fertilizer on mine. I've also sprayed them several times with a safe
vegetable insecticide to keep the mites away. Mites can kill them quickly
(in my experience). The water lettuce always lives over now.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: