Old 15-12-2005, 09:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

Default Advice, please: D. laevifolium

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:56:22 GMT, "keith ;-\)"
wrote:
[big snip]

Dave,did you find out what the dendrobium is ref den chrysotoxum or is it?
Thanks Keith

Keith, thanks for the interest. One of the members of our society, who is
involved with orchids in the herbarium & has a special interest in the
Dendrobes, suggested D. gibsonii. That's from Section Dendrobium, which
surprises me a little having read up on it after last Tuesday's meeting. My
plant's inflorescence started life in a sheath some 50 mm (2 inches) or more
long. In my admittedly very limited experience, plants from that section all
form individual buds rather than the inflorescence bursting from a sheath. But
I did mention the sheath to him, & his knowledge is certainly far superior to
mine.
Dave Gillingham