Old 16-12-2005, 02:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Rosenbaum

Default Stalling Snowblower - Update

I agree, but I didn't want to chance it.

Thanks again for your insight.

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Frank Rosenbaum" wrote in message
Well, it didn't have to be rebuilt. They did in less than a day what I
don't know how to do. I am usually a DIY, but not with gas engines.

And what would have happened if I broke it more?

Absolutely - you did the right thing. A carburetor is not something to
experiment with without some "training". Very easy to do damage or lose a
small part - or tighten something too hard. But a small engine carb is
very simple for someone with a little experience. There are only a few
parts that can be cleaned or replaced and only a few passages where gas
flows that need to be cleaned / blown out. And only one moving
mechanism - the float and it's needle valve. Getting the carb off the
machine is half the job - once off it's only about an hour to take it
apart, clean it, and get it back together. (unless it's 20 years old and
needs to be soaked in carb cleaner overnight). It sounds like in this
case they didn't even have to take it off the machine.

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
All they will do is remove the bowl and clean the jets

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

If they have him convinced it has to be "rebuilt" (I laugh at that term)
they will charge him for the kit - maybe replace the needle valve,
gasket and an O ring.