Old 16-12-2005, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Default gates.

Sacha wrote:
I think most people here think as I do - that *everyone*, including total
novice gardeners has something to contribute to this group.

(snipette)

Sure Sacha, but just think of the rudeness one gets from Janet when one
makes a little mistake. Every forum have their village loons and the
treatment our loons get in here are frankly not nice at all. We should
respect them. It's so so so easy to just write 'actually no' or 'I
wouldn't say that' or 'you might be wrong' or 'go and fry yourself an
egg', whatever. Instead we receive some serious smacks by Janet and
yourself which make one feels like going! But why are we all here still
and more to the point staying? Because we're all passionate,
interested, wanting to learn, wanting to be with our peers, it's like
being in a huge garden, you discover things, you share, you enjoy and
yes you tease sometimes and have a good larf.

This forum needs some cushions and warmth and not necessarily provided
by the hostesses. It's a 'bring your own' forum and some of us just
need to let go a little.