Old 16-12-2005, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Default gates.

Sacha wrote:
I think most people here think as I do - that *everyone*, including total
novice gardeners has something to contribute to this group.

(snipette)

Sure Sacha, but just think of the rudeness one gets from Janet when one
makes a little mistake. Every forum have their village loons and the
treatment our loons get in here are frankly not nice at all. We should
respect them. It's so so so easy to just write 'actually no' or 'I
wouldn't say that' or 'you might be wrong' or 'go and fry yourself an
egg', whatever. Instead we receive some serious smacks by Janet and
yourself which make one feels like going! But why are we all here still
and more to the point staying? Because we're all passionate,
interested, wanting to learn, wanting to be with our peers, it's like
being in a huge garden, you discover things, you share, you enjoy and
yes you tease sometimes and have a good larf.

This forum needs some cushions and warmth and not necessarily provided
by the hostesses. It's a 'bring your own' forum and some of us just
need to let go a little.

Old 16-12-2005, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

This forum needs some cushions and warmth and not necessarily provided
by the hostesses. It's a 'bring your own' forum and some of us just
need to let go a little.

Something like a welcome give on a P & O Site for people who cruise to chat
to each other as follows,

"Hi B......

And welcome to Cruise Connections. Like has been mentioned already you will
find this site a great source of information and banter. Never feel afraid
to ask anything, even if you think it is trivial. Most people are only too
happy to help. We were all cruise virgins once.

Happy cruising.

B.....

The bit I like is the 'we were all cruise virgins once' and that could be
exchanged for 'we were all gardener virgins once'

Unfortunatly this post will now attract 'poison arrows' because I am going
on a cruise :-(( Just watch

Mike
Who only posts as Mike

Old 16-12-2005, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Mike wrote:

(snip)

Unfortunatly this post will now attract 'poison arrows' because I am going
on a cruise :-(( Just watch

Mike, this is my second post to you and I have mixed feelings about
this. Please understand what I am trying to say here for the first time
and the last.

It is not that I agree with you but I understand you. I take people the
way they are, always. I don't want to change them. I call this the
spices of life. But you, Mike, cannot carry on supplying entertainment
to this forum intelligently and then concluding your post with a
riposte that will fuel argument for nothing other than the sake of it.
I feel that I am providing you with ammunition.

I understand your bitterness towards some posters here, but for the
love of life please stop throwing unpleasant statement but try to
contribute your feeling clearly. This is first and foremost a gardening
forum - not an argumentative playground. It is becoming too negative
and that is very sad.

Finally, there's no poison arrows but in your mind. I am sorry Mike. As
far as your cruise is concerned, I don't think nobody, really, truly
and honestly gives a fig about it.

Old 16-12-2005, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

--
..
"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mike wrote:

(snip)

Unfortunatly this post will now attract 'poison arrows' because I am

going
on a cruise :-(( Just watch

Mike, this is my second post to you and I have mixed feelings about
this. Please understand what I am trying to say here for the first time
and the last.

snip your lecture :-))

Had I NOT concluded with that comment, Her Ladyship would have had another
go at me. However, to prove me wrong ................

Know what I mean ;-) ;-) ??

Mike

Old 16-12-2005, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Mike wrote:
Know what I mean ;-) ;-) ??

Well no I don't Mike. In all honesty I think my support to you has
brought me into a few killfile without even responding to you, but
supporting you as an individual with a problem with Sacha and Janet and
my standing up to Sacha as made me realise that a few people in here
are hypocrites. So no, I don't know what you mean and furthermore I
don't want to know.

Old 16-12-2005, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

"Mike" wrote in message

This forum needs some cushions and warmth and not necessarily provided
by the hostesses. It's a 'bring your own' forum and some of us just
need to let go a little.

And welcome to Cruise

Happy cruising.

The bit I like is the 'we were all virgins once' and that could be
exchanged for 'long long ago we were all virgins '

Old 16-12-2005, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kevin Weller

In article , Mike
wrote:
Never feel afraid
to ask anything, even if you think it is trivial.

...but whatever you do don't post via Garden Banter 'cos they'll be
after you... (I'm not entirely sure why as the 'interference' is
minimal AFAICS but what do I know).

Kevin

Old 16-12-2005, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"La puce" wrote
snip
This forum needs some cushions and warmth and not necessarily provided
by the hostesses. It's a 'bring your own' forum and some of us just
need to let go a little.

There are no host(esse)s, since this is an unmoderated newsgroup, available
to all equally. But I do agree with that last sentence. Perhaps if you
would also 'do as you would be done by' things wouldn't get so fraught.
Personal insults are inflammatory and juvenile, no?

--
Sue

Old 16-12-2005, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Sue wrote:
There are no host(esse)s, since this is an unmoderated newsgroup, available
to all equally. But I do agree with that last sentence. Perhaps if you
would also 'do as you would be done by' things wouldn't get so fraught.
Personal insults are inflammatory and juvenile, no?

Takes two to tango. Yes, you are right. But one finds it very difficult
to keep the fire within. Calling someone a stupid cow is frankly very
juvenile but if one has nothing better to throw back when hurt, why
not?! )