Old 16-12-2005, 04:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
keith ;-\)

Default Any clue on the name?

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Keith, I have a Dendrobium Dalvey 'Candy Stripes". The RHS database has

that as
Den bifalce x phapaenopsis. Bifalce is a Latouria from New Guinea, Timor,

Cape
York & the Solomons. Phalaenopsis???? Don't know if you have noticed

earlier
posts from me on this topic ;-) But from the D. bigibbum family or a near
relative. I'll try to post a pic of Dalvey asap.

I would assume by "compactum" they meand Dendrobium bigibbum var

compactum.

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:31:16 GMT, "keith ;-\)"
wrote:

dendrobium dalvay x compactum
this is how the seller on ebay is selling it as. The only hit with google

is
DEN.DALVAY-CANDY STRIPE x LITTLE DIAMOND-compactum
Cheers Keith

Dave Gillingham

----

Thanks for the info, here is a link to the plant in question

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/dendrobium-dal... cmdZViewItem
I was thinking of bidding but I am unsure of the name & so is the seller.So
I suppose is is pot luck!
Cheers Keith