Old 11-02-2003, 11:50 AM
Sharon Curtis

Default best software for garden design

In article ,
olrac wrote:
I have just moved into a house with a garden 100 x 40 foot with nothing in
it.

Oooo, a blank canvas! Lucky you!

what should I do

For a start, answer the questions:

* Which way does the garden face?

* Taking into account sunlight, shadows, drainage, and soil type,
what best describes conditions in different parts of the garden?
(e.g. My garden faces east, and there's a high garage to the
south, so the bit near the garage is very shady, moist but not
water logged. The other side of the garden is sunny and south-facing,
near a nice warm fence, and well drained. The sunniest area is
at the back left - so that's where the bench is.)

* What do you want to be able to do in your garden?
(Sunbathe, drool over plants, barbeque, childplay, party, what?)

* How much maintenance do you want to put in?

* Do you have any things that you've seen and would particularly
like one of in your garden?

Sharon