Old 18-12-2005, 03:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Anthony B

Default Cutting Back A Climber

Tom,
From my experience with climbing roses, ( Several Blaze and a couple New
Dawn), best to leave them alone for the winter. If you feel the urgent need
to prune ( "trimming madness"), then Gail's advice is good. Personally, I
preffer to do my climber pruning in the spring, bringing the most unruly
canes down to about 3 feet. Be advised, old climbing rose canes can become
rather thick, so keep a good sharp and sturdy pair of long handled pruners
nearby.

Happy gardening,
Virgo91967

"Tom Line" wrote in message
How much should I cut back a Don Juan climber? It produces less and less
each year. Should I be cutting it down short each season instead of
leaving it long?

Tom Line

For Fun And Safety In Firearms Sports visit...
--
http://www.bobtuley.com --