Old 18-12-2005, 01:04 PM posted to aus.gardens
David

Default Help with passionfruit vine - NSW Australia

Thanks.

If we stop trimming it, the vine quickly grows over the neighbors fence.
It is currently growing to the top of a 6' fence and about 6m along it.

What can we do about this under stock growth ? Is there some way of
fixing the situation ?

wrote:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 06:16:02 GMT, David wrote:

We have a passionfruit vine. The first year it flowered but had no
fruit, the next 2 years there were not even flowers.

The leaves look very healthy dark green, 3 deep lobed. The vine grows
very quickly and needs trimming each week but does not flower.

Any ideas ?

(1) Stop trimming it. Passionfruit bear fruit on the new growth.

(2) Sounds like the understock has taken over if it is a Nellie Kelly.

--

Kind Regards

David Huisman
General Manager
ORBIT COMMUNICATIONS Pty Ltd - Wireless Solutions that Work
(Telemetry, Control, Monitoring, Security, HVAC ...)
A.C.N. 107 441 869

Website :
http://www.orbitcoms.com
PO Box 4474 Lakehaven