Old 18-12-2005, 10:22 PM posted to aus.gardens
David

Default Help with passionfruit vine - NSW Australia

Thanks for your reply.

What is the graft and how do I identify it ?

The just appears to me as branches and leaves (heaps and heaps of bushy
leaves)

wrote:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:04:57 GMT, David wrote:

Thanks.

If we stop trimming it, the vine quickly grows over the neighbors fence.
It is currently growing to the top of a 6' fence and about 6m along it.

What can we do about this under stock growth ? Is there some way of
fixing the situation ?

Have a close look. If the growth is coming from below the graft, then that growth must be removed.
Sometimes the bit above the graft dies off meaning the whole plant should be replaced.

--

Kind Regards

David Huisman
General Manager
ORBIT COMMUNICATIONS Pty Ltd - Wireless Solutions that Work
(Telemetry, Control, Monitoring, Security, HVAC ...)
A.C.N. 107 441 869

Website :
http://www.orbitcoms.com
PO Box 4474 Lakehaven