Old 18-12-2005, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default OT in a big way so switch off if it bothers you: (was Planting bulbs on a late Winter's afternoon)

Alan Holmes wrote:
"madgardener" wrote in message

[...]
To do that would require a good cornmeal and some all purpose
flour....and they can't be TOO green.

But us mad englishmen have no idea what 'cornmeal' is!

Or 'all purpose flour' we have plain flour, and self raising flour.

There's a translation in most of the cookery books we get but don't
need. Anyhow, whichever way you slice them (or cook or pickle or
chutney the damn' things), green tomatoes are rubbish. "Hey, I've
just found this wonderful recipe for green plums!" -- no, me joko;
Archangel Gabriel, more likely, no?

--
Mike.