Old 19-12-2005, 03:06 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Help with passionfruit vine - NSW Australia

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:22:17 GMT, David wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

What is the graft and how do I identify it ?

The just appears to me as branches and leaves (heaps and heaps of bushy
leaves)

A graft is where they put the top of one plant onto the roots of another. You will usually see a
distinct line and slightly different trunk colour below and above the graft. Sometimes you will see
a difference in trunk diameter.

They do it to speed up growth in some cases and to allow the healthy growth of what would otherwise
be a weak plant.