Old 19-12-2005, 06:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
David

Default Help with passionfruit vine - NSW Australia

Chookie,

Yip, my leaves look like that. Deep shiny green and three lobed.

But my vine is about 5 times thicker than the ones in your photos.

Thanks

Chookie wrote:
In article ,
David wrote:

What is the graft and how do I identify it ?

The leaves of the edible passionfruit look like this:
http://www.nwmangum.com/PassionFruit/040208-142851.html

THey should be the size of your hand and shiny on top. The Nelly Kelly
understock is a blue-green leaf that only gets to about 5cm. The wretched
suckers come up everywhere. I have even used roundup on them!

Note to self: Do not buy a grafted passionfruit next time!

--

Kind Regards

David Huisman
General Manager
ORBIT COMMUNICATIONS Pty Ltd - Wireless Solutions that Work
(Telemetry, Control, Monitoring, Security, HVAC ...)
A.C.N. 107 441 869

Website : http://www.orbitcoms.com
PO Box 4474 Lakehaven
NSW 2263, AUSTRALIA