Old 19-12-2005, 08:23 PM posted to triangle.gardens
bud

Default help identify a shrub/tree

If you really want some come and dig them up out of my yard. They are a
pain in the you know where. But then again I never have liked those plants
because the blooms have the sent of dog pee in the spring.

I would recommend maybe buying a chindo vibernum or any of the evergreen
vibernums. That would be a pretty substitute.

"Tom Desmond" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply. I took a look at the pictures on your link, and my
plant of interest looks like a Japanese privet. On the bottom of that
page was a propigation recommentation that said "Stratify the seeds for 3
months at the bottom of your fridge." Could some kind person please tell
me what that means?

Tom

Steve" wrote in message
In article ,
Tom Desmond wrote:
Please help me identify this common triangle shrub.

Chinese Privet (Ligustrum sinense)? If so, please don't try to propogate
it. It does more then well enough on its own.

http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/topic...gi&symbol=LISI

http://www.invasive.org/browse/subimages.cfm?SUB=3035

--
Steve