Old 20-12-2005, 05:43 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Help with passionfruit vine - NSW Australia

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 03:58:19 GMT, David wrote:

Thanks,

I took a look and identified what looked like the point where the
passionfruit was grafted onto the main stock.

There were 5 additional "branches" that were growing from the main root
before the graft so I cut these off and left only the "branches" after
the graft point.

This is good.

Maybe too much energy was going into the root stock that the grafted
part did not get sufficient nutrients to flower. Would this sound about
right ?

Yes. growth from the understock will take over.