Old 20-12-2005, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Alternatives to "Seal & Heal" for bark damage

Are there any reasonably priced alternatives to Arbrex Seal and Heal
for painting on damaged bark etc.? Or where can I buy it in larger
quantities than the 250ml pots?

We have a moderate sized orchard which has suffered some damage from
(presumably) deer and would like to treat the trunks to help them heal
and to discourage further attacks. In previous years we have used
Arbrex Seal and Heal which seems quite effective but it would make
sense to buy in larger quantites or a cheaper alternative if possible.

--
Chris Green