Old 20-12-2005, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default Xmas dinner

shazzbat wrote:
So, what will you be eating that you grew?

I'll be going down to the allotment Saturday morning and dig up
parsnips and leeks, and pick sprouts and curly kale.

Plus beans (broad and runner), spuds and carrots already harvested.

No livestock allowed on our plots or I'd have grown a turkey :-))

Only sprouts for me this year, maybe an onion in the stuffing too,
everything else will be shop bought, but those sprouts will taste extra
special to me as they're one of the first crops of anything I've had worth
eating.

Incidentally, the Royal Institution Christmas lectures this year are
about food and the way it works our bodies. Starting Boxing day on
Channel 5 (UK).

Woohoo! I always enjoy those, although ISTR them being on C4?

Happy Christmas everybody.

Steve

You too.