Old 20-12-2005, 05:41 PM posted to rec.ponds
Jerry Donovan

Default air stone still iceing over pond question

"PoconoRobin" powlusr at ptd dot net wrote in message

This following website has a few photos taken about 3 years ago.

http://www.jerryandsandi.com/pond/winterpond.html

Jerry

Pretty neat looking ice sculptures Jerry. How deep is your Colorado pond?

Usually the ice build up looks more like tiny volcanos,
but this one was more unusual.

It's just a little one (150 gal) that we got at Sams Club.
The depth is about 18". The ice gets about 3 inches thick.

Because of it's small size, we only have goldfish in it.
The fish seem to always survive the winter, which I
think is amazing.

Some day, we'd like to put in a bigger pond,
but for now we enjoy this little one.

Jerry