Old 21-12-2005, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Charles

Default Bamboo as an aquarium plant?

On 20 Dec 2005 13:40:48 -0800, wrote:

While at the local PetSmart or PetCo (I can't remember the one that I
am always in, so much for brand marketing) I saw they have live bamboo
for aquariums. I knew it could be rooted in very wet gravel but I had
no idea it could be fully submerged. Can it? I also have the feeling
that they may be carrying it in stock because of the Christmas season
(I have never seen so many betta bowls in my life!). The stalks are
about 4 inches (roughly 10cm) long with one or two chutes with a few
leaves at the end of them. Will these grow fully submerged?

Real Bamboo, or the Dracena things people are pushing as a bamboo?

Actually, the answer for either one is - no, they won't last under
water.