Old 15-02-2003, 04:53 PM
emc

Default ceanothus

"Paul Kelly" wrote in message

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
emc wrote:
I have a large ceanothus (sp?) and it should be looking nice by now,

but
it
isn't. In fact, it looks decidedly dead. The branches haven't got a

sign
of life. Do they die quite easily? I thought they were hardy.

They are fairly hardy, but not perfectly so, and don't like soggy,
cold ground. They are also fairly short-lived.

and temperamental too. Inclined to take umbrage and die for no apparent
reason

pk

Thanks for the info. Where it is planted is shady, and faces straight out
to Dartmoor. Probably what killed it. I shall have to buy a new shrub now.

Eve