Old 24-12-2005, 02:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny

Default Slow or no Growth after repotting

I wouldn't cut a spike on Phal. violacea unless it was near death. They
usually only open one flower on a spike at a time.
-danny

wrote in message
Eric:
I once read in here that orchids sometimes shoot up a spike as a
last ditch effort to pollinate just as they're dying. You might try
cutting off the spike because of not too great a root system or watch
your watering (damp or dry) I once had my littlist orchid almost die-I
guess too much watering. I put it in a paper towel with a jar below for
support and each day as it dried out I watered it. This worked like a
charm-the roots took off like crazy and til this day I still have this
orchid. So what's the moral of the story? How bout experiment to see
what works best. Good luck
Burr