Old 25-12-2005, 11:14 PM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

PatC Can that really cause wilt.
I water them because if I don't they 'faint' on very hot days.
Pat

David wrote in message
Too much water maybe
Lushy
"PatC"
wrote in message

.
I have a small garden & in the past have had my tomaotes die because of
wilt.
I understand that you must not plant them in the same place every year

as
the spores build up & stay in the soil for years.
Due to lack of space I thought I had solved the poblem this year by
planting
them in large plastic pots & submerging them in the garden but leaving

the
top part of the pot well above soil level so that there wouldn't be any
runoff from the garden soil.
But no just as the tomatoes are starting to look good the plants have

got
that familiar look...start going yellow, stop growing & yes dead within
days.
Any ideas as I absolutely LOVE my home-grown toms. & am currently heart
broken.

i hope that this might be able to answer your question for you.
http://msucares.com/lawn/garden/msga...05/050620.html
http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC2217.htm
http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extpubs/pla...rop/pp659w.htm
good luck, sockiescat.