Old 24-12-2005, 11:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
PatC

Default Tomato wilt

I have a small garden & in the past have had my tomaotes die because of
wilt.
I understand that you must not plant them in the same place every year as
the spores build up & stay in the soil for years.
Due to lack of space I thought I had solved the poblem this year by planting
them in large plastic pots & submerging them in the garden but leaving the
top part of the pot well above soil level so that there wouldn't be any
runoff from the garden soil.
But no just as the tomatoes are starting to look good the plants have got
that familiar look...start going yellow, stop growing & yes dead within
days.
Any ideas as I absolutely LOVE my home-grown toms. & am currently heart
broken.

Old 25-12-2005, 10:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
PatC

Can that really cause wilt.
I water them because if I don't they 'faint' on very hot days.
Pat

David wrote in message
Too much water maybe
Lushy

.

tomato wilt gritz Edible Gardening 12 01-07-2004 06:02 PM
tomato wilt woes Siouxzi North Carolina 15 29-08-2003 11:03 PM
TOMATO WILT! gritz Plant Science 1 13-06-2003 03:44 PM
tomato plant wilt Sean Gardening 6 12-05-2003 03:44 AM
Tomato wilt/virus??? Ian Mitchell Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:33 AM