Old 26-12-2005, 06:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
jils

Default Raspberry questions from a gardening rookie...

raspberry farmers use the canes to propagate next year's crop, i understand.
try google:
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/prunerasp.html
http://www.garden.org/foodguide/brow...raspberry/1457

should i bring the cream?

Mark Karjaluoto wrote:
Hello (and happy holidays):

I have an awesome set of raspberry bushes on my property in Prince George,
British Columbia. The provided a haul of nearly 40 litres last summer.

These days, I have plenty of leftover seeds from the berries when I puree
them for recipes such as sorbet and then strain the juice to remove the
seeds.

I'm wondering: can I plant the seeds removed from raspberries for producing
new vines? Any recommendations on how to do so in terms of soil, plant food,
etc?

Thanks...

Mark Karjaluoto