Old 26-12-2005, 08:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Stephen Henning

Default Raspberry questions from a gardening rookie...

"Claire Petersky" wrote:

"Dwayne" wrote:
I imagine so, but it seems like it would be faster to dig up and transplant
the new plants that keep coming up from the spreading root system. That it
what I do with blackberries and get a wonderful crop.

You *cultivate* blackberries? boggle You *want* them in your yard?

There are 230 species of blackberry family in the USA. The most
obnoxious one is the Himalayan blackberry (Rubus discolor), however it
produces large delicious fruit.

However, many of the native blackberries are small creeping plants that
produce small fruit that is even better tasting.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman