Old 26-12-2005, 08:46 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Anne Lurie

Default Another shrub to ID

Melissa,

I think you are referring to pyracantha. I have admired the berries also,
but I have never grown it. It can be very thorn to deal with (or so I am
told), so you might want to plant it in a location away from paths, walks,
etc.

Anne

"Mouse" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been to lots of web pages, but I can't seem to find the name of
this shrub! It produces LONG branches that are covered with loads of
bright orange berries in October. I've seen them by some highways and
in some yards. I stopped by one house to ask about it (the owner
wasn't home) and I noticed that the branches had something like long
thorns on them, as well. It's beautiful, and I think there's a spot on
the lot I just bought that it would love, if I could just find out what
it is!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Melissa "Mouse" Wilkins