Old 27-12-2005, 06:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Robert

Default Frozen Calathea?

"presley" wrote in
:

I doubt that the interior of a house got below freezing. In reading
the original post, my impression is that they simply didn't turn the
heat on some of those frosty nights -and I suppose the interior of the
house probably got down to 45 or even 40. I don't remember the exact
numbers, but I think it takes a well -insulated house several days to
get below freezing even if the outside temperature never rises above
freezing.

It got pretty cold, but probably not freezing - we were out of town and left
a couple of the upstairs windows open and heat off.

One of the plants revived; the other two are working on becoming compost.

Rob
Chevy Chase, MD