Old 27-12-2005, 03:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Doug Freyburger

Default Lingonberry

M wrote:

I have just realised that this isn't a UK based newsgroup and I didn't
mention that I was UK based! My apologies!

Can anyone recommend a supplier of Lingonberry plants?

http://www.raintreenursery.com/catal...=Lingonberries

Any newsgroup that doesn't start with a nation-code is intended to
be international. Any US domination in such groups is an artifact
of UseNet being predominantly in English because some common
language needs to be used and the earliest UseNet sites before
it was connected to the Internet were English speaking universities
in the US.

So the discussion of zones and such applies everywhere, but advice
about shipping isn't going to work out often.

My suggestion - Find the latin name for lingonberry and do google
searches on the latin name plus "rootstock". Last year I sought
bilberry plants within the US and when I used that type of search
I found several places in the UK that shipe bilberry inside the UK
and Raintreenursery within the US. Places that have bilberry are
quite likely to have lingonberry as well since they are reasonably
related.