Old 26-12-2005, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Lingonberry

Can anyone recommend a supplier of Lingonberry plants? Both Google and eBay
have let me down.
Thanks

Old 26-12-2005, 10:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook

http://www.raintreenursery.com/catal...=Lingonberries
--
Susan N.

Old 27-12-2005, 03:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Doug Freyburger

M wrote:

I have just realised that this isn't a UK based newsgroup and I didn't
mention that I was UK based! My apologies!

Can anyone recommend a supplier of Lingonberry plants?

http://www.raintreenursery.com/catal...=Lingonberries

Any newsgroup that doesn't start with a nation-code is intended to
be international. Any US domination in such groups is an artifact
of UseNet being predominantly in English because some common
language needs to be used and the earliest UseNet sites before
it was connected to the Internet were English speaking universities
in the US.

So the discussion of zones and such applies everywhere, but advice
about shipping isn't going to work out often.

My suggestion - Find the latin name for lingonberry and do google
searches on the latin name plus "rootstock". Last year I sought
bilberry plants within the US and when I used that type of search
I found several places in the UK that shipe bilberry inside the UK
and Raintreenursery within the US. Places that have bilberry are
quite likely to have lingonberry as well since they are reasonably
related.

Old 29-12-2005, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dwayne

You might try www.territorialseed.com. I called a couple of catalog
companies once and they would ship, but required a house address and a
credit card payment. This company lists plants for sale and state that
these are very popular in Sweden (might try there if you dont do any good
here).

Dwayne

Old 25-01-2006, 04:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
RobinM

M wrote:
Can anyone recommend a supplier of Lingonberry plants? Both Google and eBay
have let me down.
Thanks

You might try here.

http://www.fothergills.co.uk/en/content/contact.aspx

Robin
Alexandria, VA
Old 30-01-2006, 04:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nightingale

RobinM wrote:
M wrote:

Can anyone recommend a supplier of Lingonberry plants? Both Google
and eBay have let me down.
Thanks

You might try here.

http://www.fothergills.co.uk/en/content/contact.aspx

Robin
Alexandria, VA

In the US, try Raintree Nursery. They are my
edible-supplier of choice.

http://www.raintreenursery.com/

-N