Old 28-12-2005, 04:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Elizabeth

Default is this Parrot Flower? No?

I agree. Initial reaction was Fuschia, but then I saw the same in
the calyx and spur. The leaves also look like our common
Impatiens. One of the many tropical Impatiens species.
--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

"Cereus-validus-..........." wrote
in message t...
Not at all like "Wishbone Flower" Torenia.

Look again and you will see the attachment of the calyx and spur
typical of Impatiens.

"nonews" wrote in message
. ..
Also reminiscent of Wishbone Flower. Google images link is
http://www.woodrome.com/garden05/ima...boneFlower.jpg

"Cereus-validus-..........."
wrote in message
.. .
Common names are used interchangably for a wide variety of
different.

Your plant is a species of Impatiens.

There are many different species of Impatiens. Without knowing
the origin of
the plant cannot say which species it might be.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I came across a few images of an exotic flower identified as
"Parrot
Flower"

You can view those images in at the following links ...

http://www.mahiram.com/gossip/printt...p?t=8832&pp=40

http://www.desitorrents.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=49380

Now, I searched using the keyword "parrot flower" but I am
only getting
details about a certain (different) flower called the
"Heliconia
humilis / Heliconia psittacorum"

I desperately need details about the flower shown in the
images.

Kindly let me know if you have any links or info on the same.

Thanks a lot in advance.