Old 27-12-2005, 06:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default is this Parrot Flower? No?

Hi,

I came across a few images of an exotic flower identified as "Parrot
Flower"

You can view those images in at the following links ...

http://www.mahiram.com/gossip/printt...p?t=8832&pp=40

http://www.desitorrents.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=49380

Now, I searched using the keyword "parrot flower" but I am only getting
details about a certain (different) flower called the "Heliconia
humilis / Heliconia psittacorum"

I desperately need details about the flower shown in the images.

Kindly let me know if you have any links or info on the same.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 27-12-2005, 08:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
jils

g'day
my thai friend tells me that the pictures are from the botanical garden
in chang mai, thailand.
she says those flowers bloom in very cold parts of thailand.

i don't know if that will help. we haven't located the name of the plant
but i think it looks like a creeper of some sort.
hope that helps a bit!
jils

Old 27-12-2005, 09:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Common names are used interchangably for a wide variety of different.

Your plant is a species of Impatiens.

There are many different species of Impatiens. Without knowing the origin of
the plant cannot say which species it might be.

ups.com...

Old 27-12-2005, 12:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
nonews

Also reminiscent of Wishbone Flower. Google images link is
http://www.woodrome.com/garden05/ima...boneFlower.jpg

.. .

Old 27-12-2005, 02:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Not at all like "Wishbone Flower" Torenia.

Look again and you will see the attachment of the calyx and spur typical of
Impatiens.

. ..

Old 28-12-2005, 04:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Elizabeth

I agree. Initial reaction was Fuschia, but then I saw the same in
the calyx and spur. The leaves also look like our common
Impatiens. One of the many tropical Impatiens species.
--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

"Cereus-validus-..........." wrote
in message t...
Not at all like "Wishbone Flower" Torenia.

Look again and you will see the attachment of the calyx and spur
typical of Impatiens.

"nonews" wrote in message
. ..
Also reminiscent of Wishbone Flower. Google images link is
http://www.woodrome.com/garden05/ima...boneFlower.jpg

"Cereus-validus-..........."
.. .

Old 28-12-2005, 06:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
jils

i can find the same picture on an impatiens forum, if that helps! see he
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/i...cgi?type=hpgal
the post entitled "parrot flower 2", he
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...3225796.html?2
and click on the image link

Old 19-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Registered User

Location: Siloam Springs, AR, USA

I can only presume this discussion is regarding the email photos that have been traveling the globe since early 2006. The flower is Impatiens psittacina. It was described at the Royal Botanica Garden Kew in 1901. There have been a great number of people claiming these photos are a fraud, a hoax. The flower is quite real. There is now a tour company in Thailand taking people to see it in the wild. the company is Tourdoi and you can find the tour on their website although evertthing is in Thai. I have posted all I can learn about the plant on my own website, the Exotic Rainforest. The Exotic Rainforest is a private botanical garden in NW Arkansas, USA with rare tropical plants. We do not have Impatiens psittacina. It is extremely rare. But you can see many new photos from Thailand of the plant on our site. www.ExoticRainforest.com

Steve Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereus-validus-...........
Impatiens psittaciana J.D. Hooker

u...

Old 20-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hi,

I came across a few images of an exotic flower identified as "Parrot
Flower"

You can view those images in at the following links ...

http://www.mahiram.com/gossip/printt...p?t=8832&pp=40

http://www.desitorrents.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=49380

Now, I searched using the keyword "parrot flower" but I am only getting
details about a certain (different) flower called the "Heliconia
humilis / Heliconia psittacorum"

I desperately need details about the flower shown in the images.

Kindly let me know if you have any links or info on the same.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Yes it is a Parrott Flower but, there only found in Thailand so use the Key word Thailand Parott Flower

Old 05-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hi,

I came across a few images of an exotic flower identified as "Parrot
Flower"

You can view those images in at the following links ...

http://www.mahiram.com/gossip/printt...p?t=8832&pp=40

http://www.desitorrents.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=49380

Now, I searched using the keyword "parrot flower" but I am only getting
details about a certain (different) flower called the "Heliconia
humilis / Heliconia psittacorum"

I desperately need details about the flower shown in the images.

Kindly let me know if you have any links or info on the same.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Here is the link to give you all you need to know about the Parrot Flower

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Rare...ne%20SP .html

I am sure you will not have any unanswered questions after you visit the Exotic Rain Forest Web Page.

Billy B

[IMG] code is On

Parrot flower Bob Texas 0 28-06-2008 11:39 AM
Parrot flower George W. Frost Garden Photos 0 05-02-2008 03:11 AM
Parrot Flower ? [email protected] Plant Science 4 30-12-2005 12:24 AM
Parrot feather; was rec pond ponders zookeeper Ponds 0 04-04-2003 11:20 PM