Old 28-12-2005, 02:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
Unlucky

Default Laying down plastic

David Hare-Scott wrote:
"Unlucky" wrote in message

I haven't layed plastic down before, but need to do so now as my weed
problem is too great, I spray and spray and spray, but they keep coming
back. Can anyone please help me with how the best way is to go about
laying it. Thank you in advance.

Plastic will kill the microbes in your soil and keep out water. This means
nothing much will grow and you may have a water runoff problem too. As
others have said weedmat is a better option. Thick organic mulch over
weedmat or newspaper (6-10 sheets thick) is better still.

David

Thank everyone for the replies, I will have to re look at the situation
with your suggestions in mind.