Old 29-12-2005, 11:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gonzo

Default Meyer lemon rootstock prune?

Greetings,

Have a meyer lemon indoors, zone 5. It has one lemon on it, and just
dropped 90+ percent of the scion leaves - after a drink with acid-type
fertilizer, applied per directions. There are two large-ish suckers
from the rootstock on the plant, and I was wondering if I should snip
these off now, or wait a bit b/c of the lone lemon..

The leaves are quite dark and healthy looking, just wondered if the
rootstock might be taking over the plant, and if so, should I prune..?

Also, the tree is covered in new blossom buds. Does that sound normal,
that it is blooming when there are no leaves (almost none) on it..??

Thanks!