Old 30-12-2005, 01:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
TQ

Default Meyer lemon rootstock prune?

"gonzo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings,

Have a meyer lemon indoors, zone 5. It has one lemon on it, and just
dropped 90+ percent of the scion leaves - after a drink with acid-type
fertilizer, applied per directions. There are two large-ish suckers
from the rootstock on the plant, and I was wondering if I should snip
these off now, or wait a bit b/c of the lone lemon..

The leaves are quite dark and healthy looking, just wondered if the
rootstock might be taking over the plant, and if so, should I prune..?

Also, the tree is covered in new blossom buds. Does that sound normal,
that it is blooming when there are no leaves (almost none) on it..??

Thanks!

I/m a novice Meyer grower. If it were my tree, I/d leave the suckers on
until new scion leaves appear and begin to mature. To do otherwise will
reduce the amount of what few leaves you have left that are needed for what
will hopefully be a full recovery from the extreme leaf drop.

Do you think the ferts caused the leaf drop or could it have been due to the
soil getting too moist?