Old 30-12-2005, 01:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tbell

Default Orchid Photos

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:41:00 -0800, Mick Fournier wrote
(in article ):

I had two nice orchids in bloom last week that I am using for next
generation stud parents.

A Christmas Cattleya, the C trianaei var albascens
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...albasjem5a.jpg
I am going for two pods of C trianaei var albascens X C trianaei alba Aranka
Germaske on this plant. This is a difficult cross to make because Aranka is
a triploid.

And a nice Cattleya mendelii
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...endelii08a.jpg
times a high quality sib owned by an old friend... who won't sell it, but
gave me the pollen last year.

Aren't Cattleyas just the best orchids for real beauty?

Mick

Two lovely Catts, Mick. I especially like the pink flush on the trianae.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D70