Old 30-12-2005, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Justin

Default Combining aquariums with homebrewing

Hi,

you could use the CO2 in that way, as long as your KH is ok and there isn't
heaps of co2 coming out. I would also add a bubble counter between the
alcohol making eqp and the tank. The water in the bubble counter will reduce
any nasties in the CO2.

DIY CO2 is exactly the same thing as I think your doing. Combining yeast and
sugar which produces alcohol and co2 as a by-product.

Justin

"Logic316" wrote in message
I wonder if anybody here ever tried using yeast and sugar to generate
carbon dioxide for plants. I'm a homebrewer and whenever I make beer or
wine, the airlocks on the fermenters bubble like crazy with CO2. There has
to be some use for that. I figure it would be a simple matter to just
connect a plastic hose from a wine/beer fermenter to an aquarium to give
plants a healthy boost. This is definitely an opportunity to combine 2 of
the world's coolest hobbies, or could alcohol fumes pose a problem for
fish?

- Logic316

"A diplomat thinks twice before saying nothing."