Old 30-12-2005, 04:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave S

Default Orchid Photos

Mick,

I thought haploid just referred to the reproductive cells...diploid
cells divide to produce haploid gametes. Maybe that's what you were
talking about. You'll have to forgive my ignorance as it's been a while
since I took genetics. Anyway, your response that you get low
germination and a mixture of genetic possibilities is kind of what I
figured.

While we are on the topic of beautiful Cattleyas, here's the favorite
in my collection, C. mossiae semi-alba:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shtief...03.jpg&.src=ph

The floof-haters will cringe if they hit that link, but I dont care!

Dave